Horizons makes gymnastics even more fun by having weekly themes. These themes are meant to keep students and parents engaged. We as a family, encourage participation in these fun activities so that kids are entertained and able to socialize and have fun in a clean and safe environment. Students are able to learn new skills through themes and activities inside the gym. Some of our themes include stamina week, balance week, safety week, beach themed week, and much much more! Check out our bulletin board and website for updates, facts, information, fun activities, contests and more!
Got A Question?
On the second week of classes, we had safety week!
Safety week is meant to encourage students to practice gymnastics safely. We offer tips on safety inside our gym. For example, we suggest that students do the following:
- Please tie hair before entering the gym
- Please wear proper gym attire (eg. Gym suit for girls and fitted shorts and t-shirt for boys)
- Always follow your coaches’ instructions
- Please do not try anything that you have learned or seen in class, at home
- Please arrive on time so that students are able to properly warm up
- ALWAYS have fun!!
On the third week of classes, we had superhero week!
Superhero week is meant to encourage students to channel their inner superhero. During class, we setup stations. Each station is a different superhero. Since each superhero is unique, we challenge students to unleash their hidden superpowers through competitions and fun activities during class. Here are some examples of what these might look like during class.
- superman’s station will include a challenge to see how long students can hold themselves up on bars.
- flashes’ station will challenge students’ speed.
- Captain America’s station will challenge resistance.
- Wonder woman’s agility will lead the class in some fun challenges
- Batman’s station will see how powerful students are by challenging how high they can jump
- The Hulk’s station will challenge stamina.
On the forth week of classes, we had mountain week!
Mountain week is meant to keep students engaged by bringing real life scenarios into the gym. During class, we try to incorporate mountains into the activities as much as we can so that class isn’t repetitive. We hope to keep students excited to come to class throughout the year. Here is some of the stuff we do in class.
- students practice upper body strength on ropes so that they could potentially go rock climbing one day
- younger students are asked to use their imaginations when doing some of our mountain activities and this keeps them super excited and engaged!
- Did you know that our coaches teach students the proper way to fall? It is very important that students understand how to fall in case of an accident. This ensures that students are being safe in the gym, no matter what the circumstances are.